Happy Friday everyone!
Thank you to all of the Web3 Academy members who have been participating in the Discord. We’ve loved seeing you join our live shows and participate.
This week we saw a lot of positivity in the Web3 space.
In this episode we talk about:
- President Biden’s new executive order on crypto and why it’s a positive move forward.
- International Women’s Day and the focus on bringing more women into crypto.
- How NFTs are transforming the music industry.
- Examples of Web3 being incorporated IRL (in real life)
- Our DAO of the Month
Executive Order on Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets
The executive order can be broken down into 6 categories:
- Protect consumers, investors, and businesses
- Protect US and global financial stability
- Address illicit finance (money laundering, funding terrorism, crime, etc.)
- Reinforce US financial leadership
- Access to safe and affordable financial services
- Support technological advances
A more detailed breakdown can be found in a twitter thread written by Jack Niewold here
International Women’s Day Focuses on Bringing Women to Web3
This week we saw a big step forward, with a partnership between World of Women NFT and The Sandbox.
The two have teamed up to create The WoW Foundation. The WoW Foundation will receive $25 million over the next 5 years to launch a virtual academy and incubator for female artists.
Web3 is all about inclusivity, so it’s great to see efforts being continually made by the community to further the movement.
NFTs & Music
The potential that NFTs have to revolutionize the music industry and onboard the masses to Web3 is overwhelming.
Not only do NFTs serve as a means for better compensating the artists, it also allows for their fans to share in the upside, by rewarding them through royalties, collectibles, and actual ownership.
Blast From the Past
LimeWire is coming back…as a platform for NFTs.
LimeWire, a popular peer-to-peer sharing platform from the early 2000s, has announced they will be launching a “very music-focused” NFT marketplace.
Other Events to Note:
- Steve Cooper, the Head of Warner Music, talked about the importance of Web3 to the growth of the music industry during their quarterly earnings call.
- FTX Partners with Tomorrowland (one of the largest music festivals in the world) to integrate NFTs into their live events and help expand Web3 in the music industry.
Empire DAO wants to build “the WeWork for Web3.” They are building a coworking space that will be centered around people working in crypto. Memberships to the cowering space will be sold as NFTs.
DAO of the Month
Our DAO of the Month is LinksDAO.
LinksDAO is a global community of golf enthusiasts that have tome together to buy an actual golf course.
Memberships are granted to owners of the LinksDAO NFT. Members will come together to identify and decide on which golf course to acquire.
They plan to open the first LinksDAO Club location towards the end of 2022 – early 2023, with the hopes of purchasing additional golf courses around the world.
Web3 Academy Discord Highlights
Check out this conversation Web3 subscription payments in the General-Chat for a glimpse into what is being done to fix the process of integrating crypto native monthly subscription payments.
Join Our Discord
If you’re not already in the Discord community, make sure to join in to hang out with other creators, entrepreneurs & marketers on the forefront of Web3 innovation!Join The Community
Join us next Tuesday for the Web3 DOer Spotlight as we interview our guests Deanna and Dina.
Deanna and Dina are the founders of Boss Babes NFT and the hosts of Women In NFTs. We’re excited to have them on and find out more about what they are doing to highlight women in Web3.
Weekly Event Schedule
New Members Meetup: Mondays @ 4pm EST – LIVE in our Discord
Web3 DOer Spotlight: Tuesdays @ 4pm EST – LIVE in our Discord
Web3 News Weekly Rollup: Thursdays @ 4pm EST – LIVE in our Discord
2022 Web3 Report: Growth, Community and Marketing In the New Internet
Check out our Web3 Report to learn how blockchain, NFTs, tokens and the metaverse are revolutionizing how we think about marketing and business models in 2022.Access FREE Report